SEPTEMBER 2021 Updates
Updates on Quantum College COVID-19 Plans & Quarantine Checklist
- Removed references to 3-night hotel stopover for students who are fully vaccinated as this has now been eliminated
- Updated documents needed when entering Canada
Updates on Students Arriving in Canada
- Please check the government’s current travel guidance to see if your vaccination history may impact your entry requirements.
- If your proof of vaccination documents are not in English or French, they must be accompanied by a certified translation. Visit the Society of Translators and Interpreters of BC website for more information about translation in British Columbia.
- After arriving in Canada, travellers who do not qualify for the fully vaccinated exemption must:
- report your arrival at your place of quarantine or isolation within 48 hours of entering Canada using ArriveCAN or by calling 1-833-641-0343, and
- complete and submit a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during your quarantine period using one of the above methods (ArriveCAN or phone)
- Answer any calls from 1-855-906-5585 and answer all questions truthfully — government officials may call you from this number to ensure you are complying with your mandatory quarantine
- If you are exempt from having to quarantine, you do not need to submit post-arrival information via ArriveCAN.
- As of July 5, fully vaccinated travellers who meet specific criteria may be exempt from the requirement to quarantine for 14 days. Please visit the Government of Canada website for detailed information on eligibility criteria for this exemption, including a list of acceptable vaccines.
*Note that all travellers regardless of vaccination status are still required to have a suitable 14-day quarantine plan upon arrival.
As requirements may change without notice, please refer to the Government of Canada website for the most up-to-date information.
Updates on BC Vaccine Card
- Starting September 13, by the order of the Public Health Officer, proof of vaccination and BC Vaccine card will be required to access certain businesses, events, and services in BC. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. For more details on this requirement, please the visit Government of BC’s website.
- BC vaccine card for students who received a vaccine outside Canada: If you received one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in another country, you should:
- Register with the Get Vaccinated system to get vaccinated in B.C.
- Submit proof of your COVID-19 immunization record to the Provincial Immunization Registry.
- B.C. is following World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccines list to decide whether or not it is recommended that you receive additional COVID-19 vaccination here.
List of WHO approved COVID-19 vaccines:
- Pfizer / BioNTech
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- SinoPharm (Beijing) / Covilo / BBIBP-CorV
- Sinovac/ CoronaVac